PDA

View Full Version : DS-System installation(standalone)

bkpoperator
12-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Hi All -

I started DS-System(standalone) installation ...it proceeded well.
after selectign SQL instance it throwing message like below:

Installation cannot detect HASP key.Do you want to contiue?

I have option to press Yes or No button.

Any pointer ? DS-License server is running fine. HASP USB disk is connected to machine.
Please help.

lasseoe
12-15-2010, 06:04 AM
Did you install DS-License server ?

mvarre
12-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Just about anytime you're dealing with a hasp you need to make sure you're logged onto the console and not an RDP session.

tobias
12-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Hi,

Is this the "DataCenter" version or the "Standalone" version? Seams to me as if this is the standalone version which need the old version of HASP key. Never seen this error message on the "DataCenter" version, if it's the standalone version, make sure to connect to the console!

Regards Tobias

Grunt
12-15-2010, 01:05 PM
bk,

the hasp key and license server are 2 methods of accomplishing the same goal.

If you have a hasp key you'll use the "stand alone" installation package, and attach the hasp key to the physical server that will run ds-system.

The license server replaces the hasp key for datacenter installations, and allows you to run ds-system on virtual machines.

the first thing I'd check if a stand alone installation isn't recognizing the hasp key is driver issues. look in device manager and make sure that the alladdin hasp key is properly recognized. you may need to go to the alladdin site and find updated drivers, Asigra can help you with that if you need it.